BCYCLE WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
We welcome you to the B-cycle websites, including www.bcycle.com and the other websites that display these B-cycle Website Terms and Conditions of Use (collectively, the “Website”). The Website is owned by B-cycle, LLC and is licensed to third parties (together defined as “B-cycle”). PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF THE WEBSITE.
- Acceptance of Terms. This Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement (the “Agreement”) sets forth legally binding terms for your use of Website. By using our Website, you agree to be bound by this Agreement and all applicable laws and regulations with regard to your use of the Website, whether you are a “Visitor” (which means that you simply browse our Website) or you are a “Member” which means that you have registered as a Member of this Website and obtained an “Account” which permits you to set up your “Member Profile.” IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.
- Changes to Terms. We may modify this Agreement from time to time, and such modification will be effective upon its posting on our Website or any other website or location through which you are able to access our Website. You agree to be bound by any modification to this Agreement when you use the Website after any such modification is posted; it is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly. If you have an Account, we will attempt to notify you by email when we update the terms of this Agreement.
- Bicycle Rental Agreement. If you wish to rent bicycles through our system of kiosks in your area, you are required to review and accept the User Agreement You can access the User Agreement at any time by clicking on the link identified as “User Agreement” at the bottom of any page on the Website.
- Member Account, Password and Security. You must be at least 18 to become a Member of our Website. If you register to become a Member, you will be required to choose a password and user name, and you may be asked for additional information regarding your Account, such as your email address. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form (the "Registration Data") and maintain and promptly update your Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. For safety reasons, we recommend that your user name should not contain your last name (in addition, rather than your actual first name, you may want to consider using a word or term with meaning to you). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account information, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password and Account. You are required to (a) immediately notify B-cycle (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you log out from your account at the end of each session. B-cycle will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this paragraph. Use of and registration for the Website are void where prohibited.
- Leader Board. When you register for the Website, we will give you the option to permit us to display your user name on the Website’s “Leader Board.” The Leader Board displays publicly visible statistics of some individual Members relating to the Member’s use of the Service. If you choose to permit us to display your user name on the Leader Board, we may post your user name and statistics such and number of miles ridden, calories burned, etc. Nothing in this Section will require us to include any information about you in the Leader Board. The Leader Board is an entertainment feature of the Website. Although we will strive to track and display information about Members in the Leader Board accurately, we will not be liable for any errors or inaccuracies in the Member statistics displayed on the Leader Board.
- Your Interactions With Other Members. You acknowledge that we have no screening policy, and that anyone who registers to become a Member will become a Member without any review or approval by us. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members that occur as a result of the Website, whether online or offline, and any communications with other individuals through or as a result of the Website are at your own risk. We disclaim all liability for any actions of other Members. Please use your discretion when deciding whether to send any of your personal information to another Member.
- Prohibited Conduct. You agree not to use the Website to post or otherwise transmit information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials ("Content") that:
- Responsibility for Content. You, and not B-cycle, are entirely responsible for any Content that you may upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Website. B-cycle does not control the Content posted via the Website and, as such, we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Website, you may be exposed to Content that you deem offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will B-cycle be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Website.
- Rejection/Removal of Content. You acknowledge that B-cycle does not generally pre-screen or review Member Profiles or other Content posted on our Website. However, B-cycle will have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to pre-screen, edit, refuse, or remove any Content or portion thereof that is available via the Website, in its sole discretion, for any reason.
- Termination of Account or Access. B-cycle has the right in its sole discretion to restrict, suspend, or terminate your Account, or your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability. You may choose to terminate your membership at any time by notifying us by email at email@example.com. Please allow us sufficient time to process termination requests. You understand that termination of your membership is your sole right and remedy with respect to any dispute with B-cycle. Following the cancellation or termination of your membership by you or by B-cycle for any reason, B-cycle will have no further obligation to save your member profile, communications via the Website or any of your settings, information or Content you have posted on or transmitted through the Website. We have the right to delete any personal information or other Content immediately following termination of your Account.
- Objectionable Content and Abuse. If you become aware of misuse of the Website by any person, if you find any Content on the Website that you feel is objectionable, or if you feel that any Member has violated the terms of this Agreement in any manner, please contact B-cycle (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include a description of the misuse of the Website or the objectionable Content or activity (along with the URL or a copy of the Content if possible) in your email. B-cycle has no obligation to take any action whatsoever in response to any such notice, and the receipt of any such notice will not be deemed to create any duty or liability on the part of B-cycle.
- Preservation/Disclosure. You acknowledge, consent and agree that B-cycle may access, preserve and disclose your Account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce this Agreement; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of B-cycle, its Members and the public. Under no other circumstances will B-cycle intentionally disclose your account information to any third party.
- Non-commercial Use. The Website may not be used in connection with any commercial purposes, except as specifically approved by B-cycle. You may link to the home page of our Website, but any unauthorized framing of or linking to our Website, or any Content therein, is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from your Member Profile without notice and may result in termination of membership privileges.
- Ownership of Content. B-cycle does not claim ownership rights in any Content you post on or transmit through the Website. Subject to the non-exclusive license contained in the following paragraph, as between B-cycle and you, you will retain all intellectual property rights that you may have in any Content that you post on or transmit through the Website.
- License to Your Content. In order to be able to offer you the use of our Website, you are required to grant a license to B-cycle to use and distribute your Content. This enables us to permit other Visitors to the Website and Members to view and share your Content, and to display your Content in other places within the Website. Accordingly, by posting, displaying, publishing, transmitting, or otherwise making available (individually and collectively, "posting") any Content on or through our Website, you hereby grant to B-cycle a non-exclusive (meaning you can license the Content to other parties as well), fully-paid, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide license (including the right to sublicense) for the duration of copyright in your Content, to use, copy, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works, publicly perform, publicly display, store, reproduce, transmit, distribute, and otherwise make available such Content on and through our Website, in print, or in any other format or media now known or hereafter invented, without any obligation of notification, compensation, attribution or consent. If you wish to remove any Content from the Website, your ability to do so may depend on the type of Content, the location and manner of posting, and other factors. You may contact us at email@example.com to request the removal of certain Content you have posted, but B-cycle has no obligation to remove any such Content, may choose whether or not to do so in its sole discretion, and makes no guarantee as to the complete deletion of any such Content and copies thereof. In any case, a back-up or residual copy of any Content posted by you may remain on B-cycle's servers after the Content appears to have been removed from our Websites, and B-cycle retains all rights granted in this paragraph to all such remaining copies. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own all right, title and interest in all Content posted by you on or through our Website, or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through our Website does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, contract rights, confidentiality, any other rights of any third party, or any terms of this Agreement.
- B-cycle and Third Party Content. Our Website contains Content of B-cycle ("B-cycle Content"), and Content of third party licensors to B-cycle (including content provided by you and other users of our Website, as described above), which is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws. B-cycle owns and retains all rights, title and interest in the B-cycle Content. B-cycle hereby grants to you a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license to reproduce and display a single copy of the B-cycle Content and any third party Content located on or available through our Website (excluding any software code therein) solely for your personal, non-commercial use in connection with viewing our Website and using the features that appear on the Website. Except for Content posted by you, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, make available, or sell any Content appearing on or through our Website.
- International Use. Due to the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data or personal information exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
- Copyright Policy. B-cycle has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on our Website. B-cycle reserves the right in its sole discretion to immediately suspend and/or terminate access to our Website by any user who is alleged to have infringed on the intellectual property rights of B-cycle or of a third party, or otherwise violated any intellectual property laws or regulations. B-cycle’s policy is to investigate any allegations of copyright infringement brought to its attention. If you have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that your rights or the rights of a third party have been violated and you want B-cycle to delete, edit, or disable the material in question, you must provide B-cycle with all of the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringed or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit B-cycle to locate the material; (d) information reasonably sufficient to permit B-cycle to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted; (e) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. For this notification to be effective, you must provide it to B-cycle either by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by U.S. mail to our designated agent for notification of infringement, Bob Burns, B-cycle, LLC, 801 West Madison St, Waterloo, WI 53594.
- Term and Termination. This Agreement will remain in full force and effect for so long as it is accessible through the Website. If you wish to terminate your membership, please follow the instructions on the FAQ page for the Website or email us at email@example.com. B-cycle reserves the right to terminate your Account or your access to our Website immediately, with or without notice to you, and without liability to you, if B-cycle believes that you have breached any of the terms of this Agreement, furnished B-cycle with false or misleading information, or interfered with use of the Website by others.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. You expressly understand and agree that:
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. B-CYCLE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS (THE “B-CYCLE PARTIES”) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, AND ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITES WITH WHICH THEY ARE LINKED.
THE B-CYCLE PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY: (I) THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE FEATURES OFFERED ON THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR-FREE, OR FREE OF ANY HARMFUL COMPONENTS (INCLUDING VIRUSES); (II) REGARDING THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE; AND (III) THE QUALITY OF THE BICYCLES, CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR ANY MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. WE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AGAINST THE POSSIBILITY OF DELETION, MISDELIVERY OR FAILURE TO STORE COMMUNICATIONS, PERSONALIZED SETTINGS, OR OTHER DATA.
ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF OUR WEBSITE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS IN NO EVENT WILL THE B-CYCLE PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITE WITH WHICH THEY ARE LINKED, EVEN IF B-CYCLE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, B-CYCLE'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO B-CYCLE FOR THE WEBSITE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, in certain jurisdictions, some of the above limitations of liability may not apply to you; all other provisions of this Agreement remain in full force and effect.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the B-cycle Parties from any and all third party claims, losses, liability, damages, and/or costs (including reasonable attorney fees and costs) arising from or relating to your breach of the terms of this Agreement or your use of the Website. B-cycle will notify you promptly of any such claim, loss, liability, or demand, and will provide you with reasonable assistance, at your expense, in defending any such claim, loss, liability, damage, or cost.
- Additional Terms. We may also require you to follow additional rules, guidelines or other conditions (“Additional Terms”) in order to participate in certain promotions or activities available through our Website, to obtain certain premium Content through our Website, or for other reasons. These Additional Terms will be posted on the relevant portions of our Website or on the portions of our Website that describe the specific promotions, Content, or activities. These Additional Terms are part of this Agreement, and you agree to comply with them when you participate in those promotions, purchase items from our online stores, or otherwise engage in activities governed by such Additional Terms.
- Modification and Discontinuation. We reserve the right at any time to modify, edit, delete, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently our Website (or any portion thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, editing, deletion, suspension or discontinuance of the Website.
- Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement and the relationship between you and B-cycle will be governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and B-cycle agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within Madison, Wisconsin.
- Waiver and Severability of Terms. The failure of B-cycle to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of this Agreement remain in full force and effect.
- Limitation on Actions. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Websites or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
- Questions. If you have any questions regarding this Agreement, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at 801 West Madison St, Waterloo, WI 53594
These Terms of and Conditions of Use were last updated on November 14, 2012.
Your privacy on the Internet is important to Us. As a part of the operation of this site, We gather certain types of information about users. We want you to know the types of information We gather and what we do with it.
Information We Collect
We collect two general types of information from users: personal data (such as names and e-mail addresses); and aggregate data (such as information about traffic patterns on this site; for example, how many users log into this site on a daily basis).
Personal data is collected when users provide information to Us, for example in registering for membership services, in answering surveys, and/or registering for contests and other promotional opportunities provided by Us. When you register or request information on this site, We generally need you to provide your name, e-mail address, mailing address, day phone number, as well as create a username and password. In addition, if you send Us personal correspondence, such as e-mails or letters, We may collect such information into a file specific to you.
Aggregated Information and Usage Information
Aggregate information, such as which page users access and information volunteered by users, such as survey information and/or site registration information, is collected through various methods. In the course of using Our site, We also automatically track certain information about you. This information includes the URL that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are Using, and your IP address. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you're surfing the web. Web servers, the computers that "serve up" web pages, automatically identify your computer by its IP address, and when you request a page from Us, Our servers log your IP address. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, so although your session will be logged, you will remain anonymous to Us.
Use of Information Collected by Us
Disclosure of Collected Information to Third Parties
We do not sell, trade, rent or otherwise provide your personal data to third parties without prior permission from you, provided however, that third parties does not include Our affiliates, including Trek Bicycle Corporation and its subsidiaries, licensees, partners, website hosting partners or other parties who assist Us in operating this site. We may, however, share your data in an aggregate format, as well as aggregate usage information, with third parties for both advertising and promotional purposes. Further, We cooperate with all law enforcement inquires, and with all third parties, to enforce their intellectual property or other legal rights.
Links to Other Sites
It is important to note that this site might contain links to other sites, and that those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as Us. For instance, if you clicked on an advertisement on Store, this might take you away from this site and to an entirely different site. This includes links to advertisers, bicycle dealers, content providers, and business partners, who may use Our name and/or logos as a result of a co-branding or other agreement. These sites may send their own cookies to you, and may collect data and make uses of it that We would not. We do not control these sites or use, or bear any responsibility or liability for them.
The security of all personally identifiable information associated with users of this site is of great concern to Us. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Once We receive your transmission, We use reasonable efforts to ensure its security on Our systems. When credit card information is transmitted, We use SSL (secure socket layer) encryption technology. Any account information you enter on this site is password-protected so that only you can access it. You should not divulge your password or user identification number to anyone. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while We strive to protect your personal information, We can't ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Us, and you do so at your own risk.
Ownership; Restrictions on Use of Materials The entire content included in this site, including but not limited to text, graphics or code, is owned by or licensed to Us. We reserve the right to make changes to the content of this site at any time without notice, including with respect to our products, equipment, specifications, models, colors, and materials. You may download, view, and print text and graphics from this site, provided that such content is only used for informational, non-commercial purposes, and is not modified or altered in any way. Except as expressly provided herein, you may not use, download, upload, copy, print, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, post, transmit or distribute any information or content from this site in whole or in part without Our prior written permission. Trademarks, service marks, slogans, logos and trade names identified on this site are either Our trademarks or trademarks of a third party licensor or other provider. None of these marks, names or logos may be used without the prior written consent of their owner.
For California Residents
California Residents have a right, with some exceptions, to request that We delete their personal information and/or give them access (in-so-far as technically feasible in a portable format) to the personal information collected by Us within the last twelve (12) months. Such deletion and/or access requests related to personal information should be sent to CCPA@trekbikes.com. You may also reach Us by tollfree telephone at 1 (800) 585-8735. If you send us an email requesting deletion or access to personal information, the requesting email MUST come from that specific email address associated with your personal information in order to verify that the request is valid and also to protect your personal information. In order to protect your information and because people may have the same name, we will only provide or delete personal information associated with such specific email address. We will not delete the personal information of a person who still owes a debt to Trek, as it is considered personal information related to an ongoing transaction. As noted above, the easiest way to stop receiving emails is to click 'unsubscribe' on the bottom of any of our emails or to change your account preferences.
Web Accessibility Policy
We strive to maintain and increase the accessibility of this Website to ensure that persons with disabilities have full and equal enjoyment of BCycle’s Website and online experience. If you need assistance with accessibility as it related to BCycle’s website, please call Us by tollfree telephone at 1 (800) 585-8735 or email Us at email@example.com.
THE CONTENT IN THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.