After a long, long wait, the Indego Philly Bike Share finally debuted last Thursday, mostly to thunderous applause. And one week later, we can report that there have been approximately 8,000 rides taken.Some other stats from the first week of the Indego Philly Bike Share operation:
- There are 500 three-speed bikes on the street at a total of 67 locations. A few more locations are expected in the coming weeks.
- Bikes are available from Temple's campus in the North to Point Breeze in the South and from Old City in the East to Clark Park in the West. Here is a neighborhood-by-neighborhood guide to all of the Indego Philly Bike Share locations.
- Thirty-three percent of the rides during the first week of Indego Philly Bike Share were taken by walk-up customers, who paid $4 per half-hour using a credit card at the kiosks.
- The remainder of the rides were taken by members. There are about 2,400 Indego Philly Bike Share members. 1,600 of them use the Indego30 membership and 800 use the IndegoFlex membership.
- The most popular stations during the first week were as follows, in this order: Rittenhouse Square; City Hall/Municipal Services Building; 15th and Spruce streets; Philadelphia Museum of Art; and 23rd and South streets.
- Indego30 members pay $15 each month for unlimited one-hour trips. After a trip extends beyond an hour, Indego30 members pay $4 per additional hour. IndegoFlex membership costs $10 per year and entitles members to $4-per-hour trips, as opposed to the $4-per-half-hour walkup option. A cash membership option is also available.
- Bikes include front and side baskets, although one staffer left his blazer in the side basket when he returned a bike to the Art Museum. Fortunately, it was still there when he went back. Each bike is also outfitted with splash and chain guards, an easily adjustable seat, and pedal-powered lights, in addition to sturdy tires and front and rear brakes, of course.
Still not a member of Indego Philly Bike Share? Sign up here.
Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/be-well-philly/2015/05/01/indego-philly-bike-share-locations/#ChDjtAGgLq0EjZzi.99